The history of Molino Calemma begins in Altamura in the early years of the 1950 decade when farmer Pasquale Calemma decides to rent a small mill, referred to “Il Molinetto” (the small mill) due to its reduced size and production capacity.
Having acquired in a short span of time the necessary technical and administrative skills for the activity, he decided to build a new and larger plant that gave excellent results for many decades and increasing its notoriety.
The reins of the business where taken by the son Vincenzo who expands the installation, transferring it in the industrial zone, updating it according to the new technologies in order to increase the production, preserving the artisan roots and the attention to the selection of the best grains.
The mill has managed throughout the years to consolidate a reputation for quality in its half a century of dedication and sacrifices. Today, a third generation of the Calemma family, Giovanni and Pasquale, start to join the work of their father Vincenzo with the same love and passion that has distinguished the results of this entirely italian Enterprise, having prospered for over 60 years keeping intact the great attention to quality, the subject of great pride within each of its products.